Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30, 2013: Potholders into chicken coats, my next project.

 
These look easy to knit, if you can knit, which I can't.  I think I could modify potholders though to accomplish the same thing,  If we get snow here some day, I will consider it.  Mean while Barbara and Mabel continue to lay an egg a day.  Yesterday I met 3 lady friends for lunch.  We have known each other for well over 10  years and when we get together we occasionally exchange small gifts.  Yesterday I carefully wrapped Mabel's blue eggs in 3 little packets and tied them each with a bow.  They all agreed that they had never received a lovely fresh blue chicken egg as a gift before. 
I may reconsider my future gift giving, and give pretty chicken eggs instead.  How would you feel if you got a dozen fresh eggs wrapped in pretty wrapping?
The girls are still getting used to the chicken yard.  They want to  be out having the run of the back yard, but are just too destructive.  Cutting them back to 2 hours of free ranging per day has allowed are lawn to sprout and the plants a break from pecking, rooting chickens.  They complain bitterly, but daily the complaints are shorter and not as loud. 
Meanwhile the girls are content, one on my lap, one on Cal's eating raisins out of our hands.  Yesterday Mabel even fell asleep while i was petting her little red head. 
Life is good.  I may market my potholder- slash- chicken coat idea to other chicken loving non-knitters.  Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment